How to solve ‘You May Be A Victim of Software Counterfeiting’ Problem !
You may be a victim of software counterfeiting and This copy of windows does not pass genuine Windows validation. Microsoft has finally activated the most aggressive part of their Windows Genuine Advantage program — Active Notifications.
After downloading the latest Windows updates, if your Windows cd-key doesn’t validate against Microsoft’s online database of cd-keys, you may be greeted with this unpleasant five-second mandatory delay dialog at the login page.
When you log on to a computer with non-genuine copy of Windows XP, the possible notification error message “This copy of Windows is not genuine” will be pop-up on the logon process….You maybe seen this picture.
Just click the Resolve Later to continue loading in your windows. Or the click the Get Genuine to connect you to the internet for activating your software.
This notification will also shown after the windows explorer has been loaded.
And as you notice a small balloon will appear in your taskbar showing the “You may be a victim of software counterfeiting.”
These notifications start coming back again after some time and do not feel good Through I never encourage piracy but here is how you can remove this problem :
1. Before doing anything serious try restoring your system. If the problem is occurring after the Windows Update then System Restore will surely help.
2. Lauch Windows Task Manager. Press “Crtl+Alt+Del” button through keyboard.
3. Locate the process “wgatray.exe” and End process in Task Manager.
4. Restart Windows XP in Safe Mode. Start PC with “F8” key through Keyboard and run Safe Mode.
5. Delete “WgaTray.exe” from c:\Windows\System32 folder (Or rename anything).
6. Also Delete “WgaTray.exe” from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder.
7. The Launch Registry Edit. Type “regedit” in Run to open Registry Editor.
8. Browse to the following location :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify key.
9. Delete the folder ‘WgaLogon’ and all its contents.
10. Restart the PC Normally.
Microsoft offers five options every one :
1. Purchase a valid Windows XP cd-key online from Microsoft.
2. If you can produce high-quality counterfeit media, along with a proof of purchase, you can get a free replacement key from Microsoft.
3. Contact your reseller for redress.
4. Purchase Windows XP from a local OEM reseller.
5. Purchase Windows XP at a retail location.